Pasta with Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 onions, medium
- 3 stalks celery
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 box Mostaccioli noodles
- Mince garlic, onions, and celery.
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add garlic, onions, and celery. Simmer over low heat until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Add jar of mushrooms. (optional)
- Cut sausage into 1″ lengths and add to sauce.
- Sprinkle in sugar.
- Cook on low heat for ~2 hours, stirring periodically.
- After sauce is done, prepare noodles and add to sauce.